Salmon is one of the most nutritious foods out there. It’s able to help fight diseases, packed with vitamins, and can improve your health while also being delicious and versatile. Here are some more reasons we love salmon:
• Lean Protein - A 3oz serving gets you 22g of protein for only 155 calories and only 1g of saturated fat.
• B-Vitamins - Salmon is a great source of almost every B-vitamin that exists. These help many crucial processes such as turning food into energy and building DNA.
• Anti-Inflammatory - Salmon has been shown to reduce inflammation in the body, which is believed to be the root cause of several diseases such as heart disease and diabetes.
• Brain Health - The combo of Omega-3s, B12, choline, and selenium all work to improve brain function and neurological health.
• Heart Health - Polyunsaturated fats in salmon help improve cholesterol levels and potassium helps to regulate blood pressure.
• Skin Health - The pink color of salmon comes from a powerful antioxidant called astaxanthin that has been shown to repair skin from UV damage and help keep it hydrated and flexible.