One of our menu items from this week, Chimichurri Flank Steak with Rice and Peas, features a fantastic green sauce called chimichurri. Curious about what it is?
• Chimichurri is an Argentinean uncooked herb sauce that’s similar to pesto but without any cheese or nuts.
• It’s typically made from parsley, oregano, garlic, oil, vinegar, and bit of chili pepper.
• It can be used as a marinade or sauce to top steak, fish, chicken, lamb, eggs, rice, or pasta.
• It adds a bright, tangy taste to a variety of foods and increases the depth of flavors.
• There’s an alternative red version of chimichurri that’s much spicier and contains smoked paprika, dried red chili, and cayenne pepper.