What Are Overnight Oats?
Overnight oats are becoming very popular as a healthy way to get breakfast done the night before. All you need is a mason jar and some simple ingredients to see what the craze is all about. Let’s look at what makes up overnight oats:
- Mix oats, milk of your choice, and other add-ins in a jar and let sit in the fridge overnight.
- Instead of cooking the oats, the liquid is absorbed and softens the oats in the same way as cooking.
- You can use dairy milk, almond milk, coconut milk, or even Greek yogurt.
- A 1:1 ratio is commonly used for the oats to milk. ½ cup of each is a good starting point.
- Old Fashioned Rolled Oats are recommended for beginners as they have the most texture.
- Mix-ins can be chia seeds, flax seeds, fruit, nuts, or peanut butter.
- For added crunch, add the nuts in the morning before you eat it instead of letting them soak overnight.
- Your oats can be eaten cold or heated up in the morning.
Leave a Reply.