SNACKS KIDS CAN MAKE
Building confidence in the kitchen can start at any age. If a child knows how to do some prep work to get to a healthy snack, they’ll not only get the satisfaction of accomplishing a task, they’ll also gain some independence and learn to not always go for the quicker and maybe less healthy snack. Here are some quick snacks kids can make and enjoy:
• Trail Mix - Using ingredients such as granola, cereal, raisins, pretzels, and peanuts you can create your own trail mix and then portion it into small sandwich bags that are ready to go.
• Bananas and Peanut Butter - Cutting bananas and spreading peanut butter are great for kids because it doesn’t require a sharp knife. This winning combo is simple yet delicious.
• Veggies and dip - Whether it’s broccoli and ranch or carrots and hummus, kids can easily get this combo going.
• Meat and cheese rollups - Take a tortilla, add lunch meat slices, cheese, and even some greens, roll up, and eat!
• Protein bites - Team up with them and make these on the weekend to enjoy throughout the week when kids need a quick, powerful snack.
Leave a Reply.