If you want to show someone you care on Valentine’s Day, but don’t want to throw off their normally healthy habits, we have some ideas for you:
• Dark chocolate-covered nuts can provide you with flavonoids and protein instead of just empty calories.
• Give red fruits such as cherries, strawberries, and even Ruby Red grapefruit to impart your loved one with fiber, antioxidants, and sweetness from natural sugar.
• Consider a hike or activity that gets you both out doing things.
• Cook something new (or an old favorite) together with your Valentine. This allows you to know exactly what you’re eating and control the ingredients to make smart choices.
• Fruit smoothies are a sweet way to pack all the benefits of whole fruit into a single glass. A frozen banana and some strawberries, cherries, and raspberries will give you a festive pink drink that’s nutritious.
• Our low-carb protein balls are a great way to indulge while keeping the calorie-count low and even getting in some protein!