If you weren’t sure, you pronounce quinoa as “KEEN·wah”. And if you’re curious why you should give this awesome grain a try, read on:
• 8g of protein and 222 calories per cup.
• It’s the only complete plant-based protein. This means it contains all nine essential amino acids.
• Good source of fiber at 5g per cup. Fiber can help regulate blood sugar and cholesterol and help you feel satisfied and full.
• Naturally gluten-free while still being a whole grain.
• Low-glycemic index of 53.
• Good source of magnesium, potassium, zinc, and iron.
• Contains the beneficial flavonoids quercetin and kaempferol. These have been found to have anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, anti-cancer, and even anti-depressant effects in lab studies.