Earlier this week we went over what overnight oats are and how you can make them. Now let’s take a look at why you would want to make them part of your diet. Here are some of the health benefits of overnight oats:
• Increased Digestibility - Soaking the oats helps break down their starches making them easier to digest than cooked oats.
• Variety - Different combos of oats, milks, seeds (flax, chia), fruits, nuts, and powders (whey protein, maca) make for an almost endless variety of breakfast choices.
• Pre-portioned - Your oats are already portioned so you don’t have to worry about overeating.
• Fiber - Oats are high in fiber, which can help lower cholesterol, keep you regular and reduce blood pressure.
• Satisfying - Overnight oats are so filling, you may eat less throughout the day.
• Resistant starch - Overnight oats are higher in resistant starch (RS) than cooked. RS is a natural carb that helps with digestion, weight loss, and decreases dangerous insulin spikes.