If you happened to pick up one of our Greek salads for this week, you already know they’re delicious. What you may not have known are the health benefits the black olives in the salad can provide.
• Did you know all olives start out green? As they ripen, some varieties turn to black olives, others stay green even when fully ripe.
• They’re low in cholesterol.
• Good source of fiber and healthy fats.
• Contain calcium, iron, and copper.
• Very high in vitamin E, along with several other powerful antioxidants.
• Good for cardiovascular health and reducing osteoporosis risk.