• Before drinking soda, drink a glass of water - Try and disassociate thirstiness with a desire for the sweetness of soda.
• Total it up - Add up how many cans/bottles you drink each day. Do this for a week, multiply by 52, then divide by 12. This is your monthly total of sodas.
• Reduce - Decrease your normal consumption by one can/bottle each week. If you can’t make that jump yet, go with a smaller can/bottle size. Every little bit helps.
• Switch to sparkling - If you still want the tingle of carbonation but with none of the calories or harmful ingredients go for LaCroix, Perrier, Bubly or get a Soda Stream.
• Mix it up - Use flavored beverage enhancers (liquid or powder) to make water more interesting and to switch up the flavors. There are even varieties that contain caffeine if you need a kick.