Fresh herbs are one way to take your cooking to the next level and all you really need to supply your kitchen with them all year long is a sunny windowsill and some attention to watering. You won’t have to spend hours out in the garden to get these going. Here are five herbs you can grow indoors:
• Basil - This herb is critical for many cuisines and is easy to use. Just pluck a leaf right off the plant, wash, and use.
• Mint - Many varieties of mint can be planted indoors including peppermint, spearmint, and even chocolate mint to use in tea, salads, or desserts.
• Oregano - Useful in Italian, Mexican, and Middle Eastern dishes, oregano is even more effective once its leaves are dried.
• Parsley - This herb brings bright color and flavor to soups and sauces.
• Rosemary - Add earthy flavor to pork and lamb as well as soups and potatoes with rosemary.