1. Nuts and Seeds
- Nuts and seeds provide all kinds of great nutrition from healthy fats to protein. They store easily and for a long time and can be added to salads, yogurt, or oatmeal or eaten as a no-prep snack.
- Packed with almost every nutrient you need for a healthy body, eggs can be stored in the fridge for almost 5 weeks. They can be used for a quick breakfast omelette packed with veggies or fried and added as a topper for dinner. They’re also pretty standard in most baking recipes.
3. Beans and Lentils
- Canned beans can stay in your pantry for 3-5 years while dried beans last more like 10. Beans and lentils are packed with fiber, vitamins, iron, and even some protein. They can be used in soups, salads, pasta dishes, or as easy sides to your meals.
- There are plenty of grains such as brown rice, wild rice, oats, and quinoa that can be stored at room temp for many months. They’re as nutritious as they are versatile and can be used in salads, soups, pilafs, or “everything but the kitchen sink” grain bowls whipped up with whatever you have on hand.
5. Frozen Fruit and Vegetables
- Fresh produce is great, but sometimes you need it to last longer. That’s where frozen fruit and vegetables come in. The nutritional content stays about the same and you can always be sure to have healthy produce ready to go. Use them in smoothies, soups, add to pasta, or as a simple side dish.
Leave a Reply.