When you want to get the most out of your workout, it helps to fuel your body with good foods. The meals you eat throughout the day and what you eat 30-90 minutes before your workout can help you run faster, lift heavier, or jump higher. Here are some great choices:
1. Bananas - Nicely packed with carbs and potassium to support muscle function
2. Oats - The fiber in oats allows their carbohydrates to be slowly released over time. This means you’ll have sustained energy levels throughout your workout.
3. Greek Yogurt and Fruit - This combo of protein and carbs will provide energy for your workout and can help support muscles afterwards too.
4. Whole Grain Bread - Another good source of carbs. Consider adding some nut butter of your choice for an added protein boost.
5. Hard Boiled Egg - One or two hard boiled eggs will fuel you with protein and lots of other nutrients to help you go harder.