When it’s hot out it’s important to stay hydrated but you also have to eat. Here are eight Summer treats that’ll help keep you cool on the hottest days:
• Frozen Grapes - Always keep some red grapes on hand in the freezer. They’ll quickly cool you down and are a delicious frozen treat.
• Watermelon - Not just a clever name, watermelon is 92% water and will help keep you hydrated, which helps regulate your body temp.
• Greek yogurt and raspberries - Cold yogurt and chilled fruit are a lovely combo.
• Slaw - Whether it’s traditional or broccoli, the vegetable-heavy medley is a refreshing blast of cool during the hottest season.
• Cocktail Shrimp - Chilled cocktail shrimp are high in protein and low in calories.
• Caprese salad - Simple yet delicious. All you need is sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella slices, fresh basil, olive oil or balsamic vinaigrette, and some salt and pepper.
• Cottage cheese - A cool, low-calorie way to get some protein, calcium, and vitamins and minerals.
• Banana Ice Cream - It tastes indulgent, but is actually only made of frozen bananas and peanut butter. Just freeze sliced bananas then add them to a blender with peanut butter and mix until smooth.