New on next week’s menu is our Bison Burger Plate which includes 4oz of grilled bison, mashed potatoes, green beans, and buttery carrots. If you’ve never had bison and wonder how it stacks up against beef, read on:
• Nutrition for bison vs beef is similar with bison pulling ahead in a few areas.
• Both contain good amounts of protein, iron, zinc, selenium, and B vitamins and all nine essential amino acids your body needs.
• Bison has less calories for a 4oz serving coming in at 165 compared to beef at 224 calories.
• Fat is also lower in bison at 8g compared to 14g in beef.
• Saturated fat in bison is also half that of beef. Bison comes in at 3g while beef has 6g.
• While they can be prepared similarly, it’s common for people to describe bison as having a richer flavor than beef.
• Being able to get all the good things about beef at less calories and fat makes bison a win in our book!