Benefits of eating coconut
Coconut is used for its milk, water, oil, and meat. It can be a natural way to replace lost electrolytes, a healthy source of fats, or even used to treat burns and wounds. Eating the white meat inside the coconut has its own set of benefits. Let’s take a look at what those are:
- A one cup serving of coconut contains 75% of your daily value of manganese. This mineral is essential for bone health and your body’s nervous system.
- The same size serving contains 36% of your daily fiber needs.
- You can also get a decent amount (15-22% DV) of other vitamins and minerals from coconut including iron, phosphorous, potassium, copper, and selenium.
- Because coconut is low in carbs but high in fat and fiber, it may help stabilize your blood sugar.
- Phenolic compounds are found in coconut meat, which are antioxidants that help protects cells.
Keep in mind that because coconut is so high in fat, it’s also high in calories at 354 in a 1 cup serving.
Leave a Reply.