When you’re stuck at your desk, a snack can make everything better. The best snacks are satisfying, portable, portioned, nutritious, and delicious. Here are some ideas that can keep you going through the afternoon slump:
• Trail mix - Portion it out ahead of time and watch for varieties full of candy.
• Popcorn - Enjoy it as-is or get wild with the seasonings.
• Fruit - Apples, pears, and bananas are already portioned and packaged by nature and ready to go.
• Almonds/Pistachios/Peanuts - A small bowl of nuts can go a long way.
• Kombucha - It’s fizzy, refreshing and full of probiotics.
• String Cheese - Easy and fun to eat so you’ll have a little diversion before getting back to your inbox.
• Protein Balls - We’re obviously big fans of our Low-Carb Protein Balls and they do check all the boxes for an awesome snack!
• Peanut Butter - Eat a spoonful or spread it on a rice cake or apple slices.
• Dried Roasted Seaweed - Something different that’s got lots of vitamins and is a crunchy alternative to chips or crackers.
• Tuna - Either from a can or pouch, it can be eaten by itself or with some whole grain crackers.
• Wasabi Peas - Some fiber and protein and lots of invigorating heat! Just be sure to portion these out as they’re calorically-dense.