A HEALTHIER PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE
Fall is here...according to Starbucks anyway. Temperatures are still hanging around 90°, but the Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL) made its return over a month ago. If you love the Fall flavors of the PSL but don’t love the calories, we’ve got some tips for how to save hundreds of calories while still treating yourself.
The standard PSL is Grande size (16oz), made with 2% milk, and topped with whipped cream. It clocks in at 380 calories, 8g saturated fat, 50g sugar, and 14g protein.
• Skip the whipped cream and save 70 calories.
• Switch to almond milk and save 80 calories.
• Downsize to a Tall (12oz) and save 80 calories.
• Reduce the pumps of pumpkin sauce. A standard Grande PSL has 4 pumps and each pump is 30 calories and 7.5g of sugar. You can request any number you’d like.
• So if you change your order to Tall, almond milk, no whipped cream the calories will be down to 180, saving 200 calories (that’s 30 minutes on the treadmill) from the initial starting point.
If you really want to get the calories down, here’s how to order a 90 calorie PSL:
1️⃣ Ask for a TALL BLONDE Americano in a Grande cup
2️⃣ One (1) pump of PUMPKIN SAUCE
3️⃣ Three (3) pumps of SUGAR FREE VANILLA
4️⃣ Ask for STEAMED ALMOND MILK
5️⃣ And extra pumpkin spice topping
Leave a Reply.