Healthy Ideas for Valentine’s Day
If you want to show someone you care on Valentine’s Day, but don’t want to throw off their normally healthy habits, we have some ideas for you:
• Dark chocolate-covered nuts can provide you with flavonoids and protein instead of just empty calories.
• Give red fruits such as cherries, strawberries, and even Ruby Red grapefruit to impart your loved one with fiber, antioxidants, and sweetness from natural sugar.
• Consider a hike or activity that gets you both out doing things.
• Cook something new (or an old favorite) together with your Valentine. This allows you to know exactly what you’re eating and control the ingredients to make smart choices.
• Fruit smoothies are a sweet way to pack all the benefits of whole fruit into a single glass. A frozen banana and some strawberries, cherries, and raspberries will give you a festive pink drink that’s nutritious.
• Our low-carb protein balls are a great way to indulge while keeping the calorie-count low and even getting in some protein!
Leave a Reply.