Five Common Kitchen Mistakes
1. Not Reading the Entire Recipe
Make sure there isn’t a step such as “chill in refrigerator for 3 hours” that surprises you further down the recipe you’re using - leaving everyone in the house hungry and you scrambling.
2. Not Using Parchment Paper in Your Cake Pans
Make sure you butter your cake pans but also line them with parchment paper to ensure a clean and easy release once baking is done.
3. Opening the Oven Door When Baking
It’s tempting, but avoid this. It stops processes such as allowing things to rise and messes with the oven temp.
4. Not Drying Your Protein Before Cooking
If you don’t pat dry your protein (fish, meat, tofu) before cooking, the extra water may cause it to steam in some places and sear in others, leading to inconsistent cooking and coloration.
5. Not Prepping Ingredients Ahead of Time
Prep by measuring, chopping, and organizing ingredients to keep things calm as you go through the recipe.
Leave a Reply.