Our Sweet & Salty Salad is rolling out for Summer and features bacon, strawberries, and feta cheese, among other delicious ingredients. Feta is a very unique cheese - from how it’s made to its nutrition, and even where it comes from.
• “Feta” in Greek means “slice”.
• Only feta cheese made in certain regions of Greece can be called “feta”.
• It’s made from sheep or goat milk, not cow milk.
• Feta contains CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), a fatty acid that helps promote healthy body composition, prevents diabetes, and has anti-cancer properties.
• Feta has a wonderful combination of being low in calories, but high in calcium.
• It also contains a wide range of nutrients including folate, iron, magnesium, and vitamins A, K, B6, and B12.
Leave a Reply.