One of our menu items, Bang Bang Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles, has swapped out pasta for vegetables. This simple switch can save you a boatload of calories while increasing the amount of nutrients you’ll get. Here are some more reasons zucchini noodles are a smart swap:
• They taste mild and soak up flavors of sauces and ingredients they’re mixed with and add a subtle freshness to dishes.
• Can be eaten cooked or raw.
• 2 cups pasta=480 calories, 90g carbs, 2g fiber.
• 2 cups zucchini noodles=66 calories, 12g carbs, 4g fiber.
• Much lower glycemic index for those with blood sugar concerns.
• Low carb and a good way to get antioxidants, electrolytes, and fiber when low-carb dieting.
• Increase your veggie intake and get vitamins C, A, and B6.
Leave a Reply.