Blueberries are a sweet and easy way to boost the nutrition of a dish or they’re great on their own. You can easily add them into your yogurt, cereal, or pancakes (like the Blueberry Protein Pancakes on our menu). Here’s why we love throwing in blueberries:
• They’re low in calories, but high in fiber and vitamins C and K.
• Blueberries have one of the highest levels of antioxidants of all common fruits and veggies.
• They can boost your heart health by reducing your LDL (bad cholesterol) levels and also blood pressure.
• Their antioxidant properties can help minimize delayed-onset muscle soreness after strenuous workouts so you can recover faster.
• Blueberries are closely related to cranberries and have been shown to help reduce urinary tract infections by preventing bacteria growth in your bladder.
• Multiple studies have shown that the antioxidants in blueberries can help aid brain function.