When it comes to cuts of beef, there are lots of good options and everyone has their favorites. We like to use sirloin because it’s a popular choice and offers lots of versatility.
- There’s a legend (though undocumented) that sirloin got its name after King James I of England was so impressed with this cut of beef, he knighted it and gave it the name “Sir Loin”.
- No bones and very little fat.
- Lean yet still juicy.
- Thin cut strips of sirloin can be as tender as filet mignon.
- Versatile and can be flavored many different ways or not at all.
- Can be broiled, sautéed, or grilled.