It’s never too soon to get kids started with a healthy lifestyle, as challenging as it may be. Good habits and nutrition fuel their minds and bodies and set up lifestyle choices that lead to future success. Here are some tips that can help raise healthy eaters as we start the new year:
• Try and keep meals balanced nutritionally and at a consistent time.
• Include a variety of healthy options in meals and snacks to show your child that healthy doesn’t have to mean boring.
• Ensure meal environments are calm and pleasant so positive emotions are attached to eating.
• Remove distractions such as electronic devices at meals so kids’ attention can be on eating and interacting with others.
• Make food safety, including washing hands, part of the routine before eating.
• Tap into a variety of foods by exploring different cultures and cuisines. This helps keep interest levels high and can be educational.
Leave a Reply.