Nutrition That Fights Cancer
When your body is fighting cancer, nutrition can be a powerful ally. Fresh foods that are low in sugar can be extremely helpful in reducing inflammation and boosting your immune system. Here are some examples of foods that can help fight cancer and how they support your body:
• Broccoli: boosts detoxifying enzymes
• Berries: phytochemicals support the immune system
• Leafy greens: beta-carotene and lutein to limit cancer cell growth
• Tomatoes: lycopene is an antioxidant that protects cells
• Walnuts: phytosterols slow cancer growth by blocking estrogen pathways
• Avocado: oleic acid helps fight breast cancer
• Garlic: phytochemicals reduce carcinogen formation in the stomach
• Turmeric: slows the spread of cancer and starves tumors
For recipes and even more information on this, we’ll be speaking at Gilda’s Clubhouse Evansville (5740 Vogel Road) this morning at 11:30 as we cover “Customizing for Chemo”. The event is FREE and you’ll learn how nutrition can help your body during the healing process.
Leave a Reply.