healthy snacks your kids will love
Kids are always eating and you want to make sure they’re eating healthy. To help with that, here are some ideas for healthy snacks that require very little prep or you can make ahead of time.
• Popcorn: Popcorn can be a nutritious snack since it’s a whole grain. Air-pop your own and add a little butter and grated Parmesan. It’s easy to switch up the topping/seasoning for a different taste.
• Yogurt: Along with calcium and protein, yogurt provides active cultures to help with digestive health. Most yogurt marketed for kids is high in sugar, so it’s best to start with plain and add your own mix-ins like fruit and honey.
• Trail Mix: Most commercial trail mix is high in sugar, but you can easily make your own by mixing nuts, raisins, dried fruit, and whole-grain cereal. It’s great to have trail mix on hand when snacks are needed quickly.
• Cottage Cheese: Full of protein and calcium, cottage cheese is good as-is or with sliced fruit and it’s easy for kids to eat.
• Cheese: If cottage cheese doesn’t go over well, cheese such as string cheese is also a good source of calcium and protein. Cheese slices also pair well with fruit.
• Peanut Butter & Bananas: These two are a winning combo. Slice a banana into chunks and spread peanut butter on top. If your kids are adventurous you can even sprinkle things like chia seeds on top for a little crunch.
Leave a Reply.