Five Herbs You Can Grow Indoors
Fresh herbs are one way to take your cooking to the next level and all you really need to supply your kitchen with them all year long is a sunny windowsill and some attention to watering. You won’t have to spend hours out in the garden to get these going. Here are five herbs you can grow indoors:
• Basil - This herb is critical for many cuisines and is easy to use. Just pluck a leaf right off the plant, wash, and use.
• Mint - Many varieties of mint can be planted indoors including peppermint, spearmint, and even chocolate mint to use in tea, salads, or desserts.
• Oregano - Useful in Italian, Mexican, and Middle Eastern dishes, oregano is even more effective once its leaves are dried.
• Parsley - This herb brings bright color and flavor to soups and sauces.
• Rosemary - Add earthy flavor to pork and lamb as well as soups and potatoes with rosemary.
Leave a Reply.