If you’ve been good all year and want to avoid the naughty list when it comes to food, here are some quick tips that can help during the holidays:
1. Watch your portion sizes.
2. Choose snacks that will satisfy your hunger..
3. Only eat if you’re hungry, not just because there’s food.
4. Drink plenty of water so you don’t think you’re hungry when you’re actually thirsty.
5. Stay active when spending time with family and friends - go for a walk, for example.
6. Get plenty of sleep to manage hunger properly and stick to exercise routines.
7. Keep fiber intake up to feel full and keep things regular.
8. Don’t make a meal out of desserts as they’re usually calorically-dense.
9. Limit liquid calories from juice and cocktails, as these can add up very quickly.
10. Use a smaller plate to help curb overeating.